THIS WILL BE SOMETHING TO RECALL!
Today, we will train your singing and hearing skills! Indeed, these will be extremely useful if you want to be cleared to land during this event.
We are very pleased to announce the event "Don't forget the lyrics" that will be held on 22nd October from 19z to 22z at Nice (LFMN).
Please read this section very carefully. You will be given all the relevant instructions for the event.
- First of all, what is the aim of this evening? You will have to take off from the airport of your choosing and go to Nice. You shall land at Nice during the timeframe of the event;
- Once established on final, just after joining the tower frequency, the Tower controller will broadcast a music extract on the frequency (see lower for more details). When the music stops, you will be asked to continue the lyrics singing for just a little while. If the lyrics are good, you will be cleared to land. Otherwise, you will have to go around and try again!
- After the second attempt, you will be offered a second song. Then, at your discretion, you will decide to go around or to land, no matter the outcome of this second attempt.
- You shall arrive between 19z and 22z;
- You can use any plane of your choice;
- In order to participate in this event, you HAVE TO FILL IN THIS GOOGLE FORM. This will allow us to organize the song selection for it to correspond to your liking.
- This should be a busy event. Please TAKE A LOT OF FUEL with you;
- Be ready and have your charts;
- You may be instructed to hold, and maybe vectored in;
- Pay attention not to obstruct an ongoing communication, particularly joining a new frequency;
This event will be awarded one point for the "pilot event award" for every pilot flying to LFMN, during the timeframe of the event, having filled in the Google Form mentioned earlier.