Corse the Pond: the success-story's remake
You're probably wondering what's behind this title, and there is a very simple explanation.
All the boat companies that ensure the links between Corsica and France have been forced to suspend all their activities pending the result of their boats' analysis. The reason for that is that corrosive seaweeds have spread during summer, and the ships might not be seaworthy anymore.
We now need you to bring back all travelers from Corsica's four airports to Nice and Toulon!
Just save the date: September 23th, between 19:00 UTC et 21:00 UTC!
You need to choose your departure field among the four following airports:
- Bastia (LFKB)
- Calvi (LFKC)
- Figari (LFKF)
- Ajaccio (LFKJ)
Now all that's left is for you to decide what your destination will be:
If you want to participate in this event, it is mandatory to book a flight on the booking system below.
Please read this part:
- You can book only one flight;
- The booking system will be available from 11/09/2023 at 12:00 UTC ;
- After having booked your flight, you will have to confirm it. If you have not done it already by then, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you on 18/09/2023 at 12:00UTC (don't forget to check your spam and send us an e-mail if something is not right);
- You will have to confirm your booking before 20/09/2023 at 12:00 UTC. If not done by then, your booking will be canceled and available for others to book;
- Bookings will be blocked after 23/09/2023 at 19:00 UTC;
- You can choose your own callsign;
- We will add flights if ever needed after the opening of the booking system.
Booking a flight is mandatory in order to be eligible for this event's point
- Be ready and have your charts;
- You will be asked to follow radar vectoring and potentially enter a holding;
- Pay attention not to obstruct ongoing communication, particularly joining a new frequency;
- Do not hesitate to take more fuel than expected. Some delays could occur;
- Enjoy :)
All the different charts for this event are available here: SIA website (AIP > eAIP France > eAIP en vigueur > AD2)